Monday, October 11, 2010

Staying the hand of apathy

Some of you might have thought I'd have written more before now. I know I would have. I certainly set out with the intent of writing about my experiences fairly regularly.

The trouble with writing about my experiences on this tour is that my experiences, day to day, are somewhat indeterminate. My memory is a wash of similar hotel rooms and theater after theater. If you asked me where I was three days ago, I don't think I could tell you without consulting my log. Time has become a smooth gradient from one shade of gray to another shade. I have to admit this hasn't had the greatest effect on my own morale. Coupled with the other negative factors of this tour, that's probably not a great thing.

That's not to say I haven't had some singular and excellent experiences on this trip. But it is to say I've had quite a few days that differ little from their companions. This week I will spend less than 24 hours in any given city in texas, as we've a show each day. I don't think I'll remember much of this state.

That said, perhaps I'll write about the exceptional times soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment