Saturday, September 18, 2010

Time, elongated

So I left off at the end of load in. The set is up, props are in place. My rig is assembled and appears to be functional, so now it's time for focus. The LD takes the stage and we start. It's a simple plot (We're pulling a little less than 100 amps, I'm told, so there's not a huge amount of instrumentation), but this is the only chance I'll have to practice the focus. We run through it, it's pretty straightforward. Later that day (Or the next day? I don't remember) I get the rest of my gel, get the frames labelled to match instruments and get it into the fixtures.

So we're ready to go. Tech starts out as a cue-to-cue of act I. This show is only an hour long, but it's heavily supported by projections, as it's teaching some basic math concepts and most of them are well illustrated by a projection screen in the set's mid-stage arch. What this means is that while there are relatively few significant lighting changes, there are several long runs of 10-15 cues that are closely spaced. It's one of those "Standby cues 12 to 26.... Go, go, go.... go, go go, go" things. It makes for re-working things a large number of times.

At this point most of this week is kind of a blur, to be honest. It's a lot of rehearsal, a lot of me trying to get my work box into a reasonable order, and little else. We had two dress rehearsals this week, the latest being on Thursday. After that one, we packed up and loaded the truck, developing our pack list as we went. Once we got it loaded, I drove it to the Ryder lot and we were ready to go. We leave for Albany Monday morning. I'm the only one who's driven the truck at this point, so I'll be navigating for Jeremy on this leg of the trip.

We'll travel almost 1500 miles before October, and end up in Georgia in that time.

Keep an eye on my widget if you're interested in where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment