Saturday, March 27, 2010

Harvey

Currently my only theatrical pursuit in this town is a lighting design at First Presbyterian Theater, for their production of Harvey.

I've got a production meeting today with the director and other designers. As yet there hasn't been a lot of progress on my end of things. I helped with the set build, but I haven't been in all week to see what's happened with the painting. So that will be a surprise I guess.

Being a straight play, it won't offer a huge amount of opportunity for creativity and mind-blowing techniques, but I think I'll be able to lend a unique hand to the space. I've previously designed two shows at Pres, The Underpants and You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, and I think both of those definitely showed a little bit of deviation from the norm.

I'll try and find something to push for, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment