Saturday, March 27, 2010

Introductions

My name is Derek. I'm a theatrical lighting designer, electrician, carpenter, sound engineer, welder, fixer, inventor and general jack-of-most trades. I am currently on hiatus from schooling, having not felt my previous institution was guiding me in a direction that I was most comfortable moving in.

Currently I'm embroiled in a job search. I've sent resumes to both coasts and to plenty of places in the middle. I've received one response that seems positive, and I genuinely hope it results in a job. I promise I'll disperse details to the faceless internet should that be the case.

Recently I've felt an urge to resume writing, a craft I haven't seriously pursued since English classes in high school. A few abortive attempts at short stories resulted in some generic, dystopian science fiction akin to what I generally find myself reading. This seemed like a pointless venture, so I've decided to pursue the popular and relatively harmless blog format. I'll write about my job search, and hopefully about the job I find.

In addition to theater, I also pursue photography and music as hobbies. Perhaps I'll discuss those in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment